The Trusted Leaders in Seismic Acquisition Design
Easy to use tools and applications for your seismic program.
What Kinds of Data Sources Does BJV Use for Pre-Planning?
We are a huge proponent of using all available data sources for pre-planning including:
- Imagery: air photo or satellite
- DEM: digital elevation models
- Lidar Data: BJV has used this since 2002
- Exclusion Surveys: all exclusion areas (riparian/water wells/ concrete buildings, etc) are surveyed prior to commencing full field operations
How Does BJV Use the Data Sources?
Riparian Area Avoidance (using Lidar/DEM/Imagery):
- Allows BJV to maximize data quality by creating source/receiver stub lines in Riparian areas
- Detailed preplanning by BJV gives the client a realistic idea of the potential sub-surface coverage
Slope Analysis (using DEM/Lidar):
- Using slope analysis, expensive heli-points can be minimized
- Keeps field staff away from steep terrain to avoid injury and maximize operational efficiency
Start your project
Not sure where to start when it comes to your seismic program? Use our project starter form to get it going in the right direction.