Easy to use tools and applications for your seismic program.
WHAT KINDS OF DATA DOES BJV USE FOR DESIGN?
- Well data (dipole sonic, gamma, density)
- Existing seismic data (shot records, processed data, inversion result, processing reports)
- Economic successes or failures of existing seismic data
- Environmental / regulatory restrictions for acquiring seismic data
- Budget constraints
THE MORE DATA YOU CAN PROVIDE, THE MORE CONCISE YOUR DESIGN PARAMETERS WILL BE
WHAT KINDS OF DATA DOES BJV USE FOR PRE-PLANNING?
- Imagery: air photo or satellite
- DEM: digital elevation models
- Lidar Data: BJV has used this since 2002
- Exclusion Surveys: all exclusion areas (riparian/water wells/ concrete buildings, etc) are surveyed prior to commencing full field operations
THE MORE DATA YOU CAN PROVIDE, THE MORE PRECISE YOUR PREPLOT WILL BE WHEN COMPARED TO YOUR FINAL SURVEY
HOW DOES BJV USE THE DATA SOURCES?
Riparian Area Avoidance (using Lidar/DEM/Imagery):
- Allows BJV to maximize data quality by creating source/receiver stub lines in Riparian areas
- Detailed preplanning by BJV gives the client a realistic idea of the potential sub-surface coverage
Slope Analysis (using DEM/Lidar):
- Using slope analysis, expensive heli-points can be minimized
- Keeps field staff away from steep terrain to avoid injury and maximize operational efficiency
Start your project
Not sure where to start when it comes to your seismic program? Use our project starter form to get it going in the right direction.